by Ari Sherbill
Running ads is something every Health & Wellness practice is doing. After seeing thousands of ads, I can tell you that the vast majority of you are burning their money away – based on this simple acid test:
For every dollar you invest – are you getting back (at least) 2 dollars?
Here’s a typical conversation I have with a Chiropractor, Nutritionist, Acupuncturist, Physical Therapist/Trainer, Healers, Yogis and even Dentists when evaluating their ad spend:
Me: “How many clients and revenue did you generate from every dollar you spent on ads?”
Practice Owner: “Ummm … not really sure”
Me: “Then how can you say the ad is ‘great’?”
Practice Owner: Well it’s on google and look how nice our website looks!
Ideal Marketing is a science. It’s based on numbers. Not how “nice” a website or add or image looks like. If you’re spending money and not getting more back – that’s just not smart.
Which is why I woke up this morning to write this for you.
It pains me to see well-intentioned, high minded Practice Owners wasting money on activities that not only don’t grow their business – but keep them stressed pulling long hours away from their family and kids.
The only way to tell is with my “ROI ACID TEST” which is in 2 parts:
- Does the AD follow the 7 steps of an ad that CONVERTS?
- Does that AD lead to an optimized and strategic NEXT STEP?
In my full training I go more in depth, for now – let’s just take the top ad here:
There are 5 principles of an ad that generates a direct response from a cold prospect:
- A headline that grabs attention
- Creates interest in the service (or product)
- Creates desire in the prospect
- Has an irresistible offer
- Has urgency to ACT
If you’re Coca-Cola – go ahead and spend $1,000,000 on ads that don’t generate response or direct sales.
If you’re struggling to pay your employees and not spending enough time with your family because you need to “work all the time” – then you need an ad that generates CLIENTS and SALES.
To help you generate clients on demand and get a return on your ad investment, use these 7 proven steps:
- Choose a target market (Tucson residents suffering from chronic back pain)
- Use a Headline that GRABS attention (“Suffering from Chronic Back Pain? Read This Now”)
- Make it feel EDUCATIONAL in nature
- Use CONVERSATIONAL language (not platitudes like “exemplary patient care”)
- Be direct, specific and CLEAR (“Get well and stay well” is not clear or specific)
- Create an IRRESISTIBLE OFFER (free adjustment and massage)
- Have the AD lead to the next strategic STEP to gain a new client (with an optimized landing page. I cover this in-depth in my free training here)
The ad is really a first STEP in turning local prospects into high paying clients. Like being on a date – you don’t ask someone you met in 3 seconds to marry you.
So why “offer” a big sale without taking your prospect through specific steps to first warm them up…before popping the big question : )
If you don’t have a strategic next step after your prospect clicks the ad (or calls your office) – then you’re leaving money on the table. That’s a way of allowing the prospect to leave without walking in the door.
Which is exactly what I teach you in my upcoming class:
3 Steps to Get More Clients. Watch it here, free.
Business Is A Game You can WIN…if you KNOW HOW TO PLAY.
Whoever said running an office was hard didn’t know how to play it right. When you know the rules, and know how to score the points, then it’s easier to play and easier to win.
And with business marketing helps you score the points and create the results.
Here are some final rules when marketing your practice:
- NEVER do anything that you can’t directly track the results.
- NEVER run an ad a second time that didn’t work the first time.
- NEVER fall in love with your ad.
An ad is only good if it gets results. Period. So don’t fall in love with any ad until you have tested it and know for certain that it generates the results you need and want. And when it does and proves it’s an ad that generates NEW PATIENTS & CLIENTS… then go ahead and love it a little, and keep using it until it stops working : )
If you follow the marketing wisdom in this post, I guarantee that you will have the power to transform your practice:
To have more money, more freedom and more impact.
Let me know what ads you’ve been running and how they’ve been performing.
I’m here to help : )
To your greatest impact!